…is looking for its next European ambassador!
About 440 pupils study at the technical college “Lycée professionnel Joseph Roussel”. Located in the city center of Le Mans, the school provides courses specialized in social care, healthcare as well as catering. The technical college has always been developing international partnerships and organizing language and cultural exchanges e.g., in Spain and the United Kingdom as well as internships in Spain and Greece in order to develop students’ cultural openness. The project aims to develop students’ European awareness too and help them to open up more and more to the world and others. You will be part of this European adventure!
The volunteer will be involved in the various activities of the college:
- Your role is to promote Europe and your country among students (through socio-educational activities, language workshops and refresher courses, a Club Europe) and help the college in forging links with other schools and thus, create new working or mobility partnerships.
- You will manage the Europe corner, in collaboration with the librarian, and work on communication actions (website of the college, blog, Facebook page, the press).
- You will be invited to develop Europe-related games and recreational activities over lunchtime.
- You will especially work on mobility programs: encourage students to take part in a European experience and promote mobility in Europe through the Language Club and the European section, support students in writing their application form (CV, cover letter), brief them before departure, follow-up, develop the optional Euromobipro mobility section. You will intervene during Individualized Support sessions to help students and take part in collaborative projects, Etwinning for instance.
- You will come along with students to any exterior visit (+ travels and stays in France and abroad, professional mobility abroad).
- You will take part in any key event of the school: Welcome Days in September, Olympiads (September), Christmas, Careers Fair (February), Carnival, Open Day (March), Day of Talents (April), Europe Day, etc. Any other suggestion will be appreciated for the European Day of Languages or Erasmus Days.
- In addition, the volunteer will work on some common projects with the 11 other European volunteers staying in Sarthe with the Maison de l’Europe which is the coordinator of these European Solidarity Corps projects.