…is looking for a new European ambassador
We are looking for a young European volunteer who is motivated, full of ideas to share about Europe with local inhabitants during a year, and be part of our team!
La Maison de l’Europe Le Mans-Sarthe, hereinafter referred to as the House of Europe of Le Mans, also a Europe Direct Information Centre, is a non-profit organisation with no political or religious affiliation. In our daily activities, our purpose is to raise awareness and inform the inhabitants of the French department of Sarthe about European citizenship and thus contribute to building a Europe of citizens. The House of Europe is a friendly place, ideal for discovering, meeting, experiencing, and exchanging on Europe!
The purpose of this House of Europe is to promote an active citizen involvement and to contribute to bringing closer European citizens in order to have a better understanding of other cultures. The House of Europe is a member of the French Federation of European Houses, and a member of the Erasmus+ network by the French Erasmus+ Agency. We are also an Information point for the Franco-German Youth Office (FGYO/DJFW) and a Europe Direct Information Centre, directly certified by the European Commission.
Information and documentation for all audiences:
As an information Centre, we provide our visitors with information on the European Union and its politics but also on other European countries. Our Centre puts at your disposal a wide range of documents, books, brochures, and board games about Europe.
We organize educational workshops on Europe on a nearly daily basis in schools, leisure centers, twinning committees, and social centers. We also organize workshops and fun activities within our premises to enable primary and secondary school pupils to discover Europe.
Festive and cultural events:
Every year, the association organizes festive events for the general public. We organize debates and citizen dialogues, exhibitions within our premises or outside, we take part in festivals, etc. These actions always aim at raising awareness about European values and discovering European countries and their culture. Every two years, we celebrate Europe Day in the city center of Le Mans.
The House of Europe is a LEAD structure for the European Solidarity Corps program (ESC). Since 2016, we have welcomed more than 50 European long-term volunteers. We manage an Erasmus+ VET project and lead a consortium of 11 VET schools: Mov’Europe. We are raising awareness about mobility programs and encouraging students from underprivileged and rural backgrounds to have a mobility experience. As an Information Point for the Franco-German Youth Office, we advise young people on Franco-German mobility programs too. We also work with the Erasmus+ French Agency to develop Erasmus+ project in our region.
The volunteer will be involved into the various activities of our organization.
- Go to primary schools to promote Europe and talk about your country and your culture. You can create your own educational tools to present your country or the EU in a fun and interactive way.
- Participate in the activities about European Elections of 2024.
- Lead workshops about your country and your culture with local kids and teenagers during holidays in our Sarthe.
- Create specific communication tools (videos, exhibitions, articles for the website etc.) in order to make young people aware of European citizenship and educational tools of communication to present the EU and its policies, or one of the countries, or mobility etc., on our website.
- Help us to be active on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Manage the specific Instagram account of European volunteers in Sarthe.
- Inform on mobility opportunities for youngsters.
- Take part and help to organize some European events (Europe Day, Green Deal activities, gathering of students…).
- Possibility to establish a link between our organisation and your home country.
- Connected to European subjects’ possibility to develop own projects and take initiative in the frame of the work of La Maison de l’Europe.
- In addition, the volunteer will work on some common projects with the other European volunteers staying in Sarthe with the Maison de l’Europe which is the coordinator of these European Solidarity Corps projects.
- Participate in weekly “GO” meetings about mobility to present the ESC program.