2 opportunities for you!
With more than 140,000 inhabitants, the city of Le Mans is the biggest city in the department! Famous for its sport competitions, Le Mans also conceals heritage treasures and offers major cultural events. The city, which has preserved its natural side, is perfectly accessible by different types of transport. The city of Le Mans applies for the inclusion of the medieval defense wall as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In this lovely city we are offering two different ESC projects within municipal services: one in the child and youth service, and the other one in the event and external relations service.
The first mission is a mix with two services of the city, the Childhood Youth and Sport Service, and the Education Service.
The volunteer will be on mission on 2 distinct structures but we will keep the same use of the time. In the morning at Education, and in the afternoon at EJS during school term. There will therefore be mainly 2 people in direct link with the volunteer’s missions and another person who can be the relay in each of the services. The 2 main tutors will be in regular contact and will endeavor to respect a year-round schedule so that the young person has a global vision and the possibility of anticipating your holidays. And, there will also be a shorter-term schedule and regular meetings between the 2 tutors and the volunteer to ensure that their missions are clear and understood, particularly in the event of any changes. Together we will define a roadmap, concerning the missions that are achievable throughout the year and not directly related to the animation.
Missions for you:
- Your role will be to propose after-school-activities to the children of primary schools.
- You will be in contact with teachers and students in secondary schools to promote the European Union, solidarity and mobility programs.
- You will help to organize youth activities, events and festivals taking place during weekends (about art and music) or school holidays (organization of sport courses, photo-press-radio sessions, and other).
- You can contribute to inform and organize your own activities for young people (exhibitions, language exchanges, video contests…) in the Youth Information Point of the city and you will invite to share about your experience as European volunteer
// More general information on the project process is available by downloading our Infopack.
// How to apply? Please download the specific form and send us a CV and a video as indicated in the form.
// Have a look on all the volunteering opportunities that are coordinated by the House of Europe
The second mission is in the Protocol-External Relations-Events services of the city.
The Protocol-External Relations-Events department, attached to the Cabinet of the Mayor of the City of Le Mans is composed of 4 poles and has 15 agents:
- protocol, public relations, and events (contributing to the promotion of the City of Le Mans and Le Mans Metropolis by setting up, coordinating, and monitoring various actions and events);
- international relations;
- tourism development;
- physical (City Hall and Condorcet) and telephone reception.
The volunteer will be physically welcomed within the first and second pole. These services already have experience in welcoming volunteers in civic service but also trainees. Our interest in the European volunteering is directly linked to the desire to open our city to Europe and the world.
Missions for you:
- Your role will be to assist the team in the creation of communication tools aiming to welcome new residents and tourists.
- You would be in close contact with the «center of attractiveness» which aims to boost tourism.
- You will support the development of twinning between the city of Le Mans and its partners (in Germany, UK, Russia, Greece, Japan, China…).
- You will work on the development of new partnerships with future twinning.
Last but not least
- // More general information on the project process is available by downloading our Infopack.
- // How to apply? Please download the specific form and send us a CV and a video as indicated in the form before May 19th.
- // Have a look on all the volunteering opportunities that are coordinated by the House of Europe